How to Make Gujarati Dal Dhokli Recipe – Gujarati Dal Dhokli is one of the most delicious Gujarati food that I was introduced to when I got married. The dough rolls of wheat known as the dough are poured into boiling boiling lentils so that the soup resembles consistency and texture like pasta and the firmness of the nuts. It tastes good when it is placed in a wide-open bowl, with a spoonful of ghee and sprinkled with chopped onions. Make Gujarati Dal Dhokli Recipe one meal with Kachumber Salad for lunch or lunch on Sunday afternoon.
how to make Gujarati dal dhokli recipe step by step. There are many dal recipes made with different types of lentils for different purposes. but there is no other in a single pot meal and it needs to be accompanied like rice or chapati. but this dal dhokli recipe is different as it is made with a combination of lentils and wheat to make it a perfect meal.
Well, i make a variety of Gujarati dal dhokli recipe daily with my remaining dal and the remaining roti / chapatis. but an ad-hoc recipe where I don’t follow the traditional method and associate myself with any leftover meal available. and in this recipe, I followed the authentic Gujarati style where I added the uncooked roti directly to the boiling dal curry. also, I have prepared a specific dal in the docket recipe in relation to the actual style.
Ingredients for Gujarati Dal Dhokli Recipe
- 1 cup Fresh Green Toor Dal (Pigeon Pea)
- 1/4 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 5 Curry leaves
- 2 Kokum (Malabar Tamarind)
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1/4 teaspoon Asafoetida (hing)
- 2 tablespoons Jaggery
- 1 inch Cinnamon Stick (Dalchini)
- 1 Bay leaf (tej patta)
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger , grated
- 1/4 cup Tomatoes , grated
- 2 teaspoons Lemon juice , freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup Raw Peanuts (Moongphali) roasted or steamed
- 1 tablespoon Sunflower Oil
- 2 tablespoons Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , chopped
- 1 cup Onions , finely chopped, for serving
- Salt to taste