How To Make Paneer Makhani Recipe – I have said this several times now that I love paneer recipes and it is one of the must gravy whenever we have an outdoor lunch or dinner. if i said i always like to have something very spicy with a paneer like paneer or palakh paneer and paneer cans are made better. My husband and I don’t choose to have creamy or rich gravy as you feel restricted after your meal. anyway, that’s my favorite, but there are many who just crave this classic paneer recipe. In fact, this creamy recipe has provided a lot of variety while adding some unique spices and ingredients resulting in a new paneer recipe. however, in this post, I have limited myself to a real butter paneer recipe.
in addition, I would like to highlight some tips, suggestions, variations and variations of paneer makhani recipe. first of all, I highly recommend using good quality paneer for this recipe. it should be wet, soft and fresh and appropriately, paneer cubes designed are suitable for this recipe. second, I tried to find a balance between the cream and the bitter taste. but if you prefer to have more salt than you can add more cream or milk or paste with cashew. lastly, you can extend the recipe by adding other ingredients such as tofu, potatoes or cooked meat as an alternative. you could cook the meat well afore using it.
- it tastes exactly like that of your favorite restaurant
- has a tomato cream sauce
- it has a rich curry made with, cakes and cream
- pairs well with naan or rice
To make this paneer makhani recipe, we start by boiling tomatoes, onions, cashews, ginger and garlic. This creates a basic sauce. Once the ingredients are boiled, they are cleaned and the other ingredients (including paneer) are placed in a container.
Many people use tomatoes only to make paneer or paneer cans. You can do the same if you like. I like to add white onions / sweets to my curry to get more flavor but it will taste good with tomatoes too.
Remember not to use red onions here. Most of the time it has a strong flavor and that will affect the final taste of the dish. So, stick to the white or sweet onions of this dish.
- 2 teaspoons oil 10 ml, separated, using avocado oil, using flavored oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- 3-4 cloves
- 6-7 large cloves of garlic 25 grams, chopped about
- 1.5 inch ginger 15 grams, chopped about
- 1 large white onion 180 grams, chopped
- Large tomato 460 grams 460, chopped approximately
- 10-15 cashews are all green
- 1 cup of water 8
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon red powder chili
- 1/2 teaspoon of kashmiri red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala + 1/4 teaspoon, if required
- 1/4 teaspoon of cardamom powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon tomato paste optional
- 3-4 tablespoons cream 45-60 ml
- 250 grams grids cut into cubes
- 2 teaspoons crushed kasuri methi dried wood fenugreek leaves
- carved cilantro to decorate
How To Make
1- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a pan over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the bay leaf, cinnamon sticks, cloves and simmer for a few seconds.
2- Add tomatoes and stocks and mix.
3- Then add 1 cup of water.
4- Close the pan and cook on low heat for 15 minutes.
5-15 min, remove the pan from the heat. Remove the bay leaf, cinnamon sticks and cloves.
6- Let the mixture cool slightly and transfer to a blender. It is important to let it cool a bit otherwise everything will explode in the mixture.
7- Grind the masala into a smooth paste and set aside.
8- In the same pan now add 2 tablespoons butter and the remaining teaspoon oil over medium heat.
9- Once the butter has melted, add the red flour and Kashmiri red chili powder and fry for a few seconds. These will issue the curry a bravo red color.
10- Then add the paste to the bottom of the pan with the garam masala (start with 1/2 teaspoon and add the remaining 1/4 teaspoon only at the end if you feel like curry needs that bit of garam masala), cardamom powder , sugar, salt and tomato paste (if used).
Mix well and cook for 1-2 minutes.
11- Then add the cream and mix.
12- Place the window and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on medium heat. Finally add the crushed kasuri to the mat.